5. Frozen pizza. This one gets a mention because it reminds me of the days when I lived in Los Angeles and hung out with a bunch of broke fashion designers and other creatives. We’d pre-party (drink at someone’s apartment), and then go to the club and either not drink anything there or babysit one drink that someone else bought. Then after a night of dancing and having fun, we’d stop at the nearest Pavilions and pick up a frozen pizza. Thinking back on it, I remember it wasn’t the best tasting after-club meal. But it hit the spot and was sort of a tradition.
4. Sausage croissant sandwich from Jack in the Box. I like home cooked breakfast the best, but as far as fast food breakfasts go, Jack is my favorite. I noticed the Jib (as my sister and I affectionately call Jack in the Box) puts an actual fresh egg on their breakfast sandwiches. None of that spongy yellow fake stuff here (yuck).
3. Chicken strips. Almost any place will have these. I usually end up in a Carl’s Junior drive-thru sometime after the club to get a box of these. I like them with honey mustard. Serious noms.
2. Pancakes. Specifically, the Denny’s Everyday Value Meal. It’s only $4 (yes, FOUR DOLLARS) for two huge pancakes, two eggs, and sausage or bacon. That’s a ton of food, and SO easy on your purse! Besides the Everyday Value Meal, Denny’s also has a lot of other choices for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Last week I was in Minneapolis for the Prince Celebration and there was a Denny’s in walking distance of the hotel. I was there almost daily.
1. And my top pick for after-the-club food is…. Drumroll, please…. Chicken and waffles. In L.A. there was the ubiquitous Roscoe’s House of Chicken and Waffles. Now that I live in the Bay Area, I’ve been to Home of Chicken and Waffles in Oakland too many times to count. The chicken is perfectly seasoned, they’ve got yams and collard greens on the menu, and their macaroni and cheese…OMG… it tastes like my mom made it. Bonus points: this place doesn’t close until 4am.
Tell me...What do you like to eat after a long night of having fun?